Monday, November 21, 2016

FOCUS


{thank-you again to the wonderful Claudia and her husband for the pictures this week!}

Okej, well this week has been pretty wonderful...and nonstop! 

On Tuesday, we had MLC (Mission Leadership Council) at the Mission Home, so that was super fun and wonderful and cozy and Christmas-y and just great!  It was super cool, because it was all about the new Christmas Initiative!!! Oh, my goodness it is so wonderful! 

I don't know how much I can say about it yet, but it's amazing, and just be ready to jump right on board!  The video comes out on November 25th and then just be ready to jump in starting December 1st--go watch the little clip on LDS.org!  A month of Service!  I won't be the one to spill the beans, but there is a teaser video, so go watch it!
Well, our week has been full of this initiative!  After our training, which was basically 3 hours of just brainstorming all of the things we could do with it--we then had to spread the news!  So, on Friday and Saturday, we had 2 trainings for two of the different Zones that Syster Anderson and I cover.  Our part was a little different though--so the Zone leaders in both of the Zones did the main training on the how,  we talked about the why... 

We spoke about our FOCUS, and how our Focus is on Christ.  I can't even say how grateful I have been for that.  Rarely have I been so much in the scriptures, just purely searching the character of Christ and learning from His words.  It really was an amazingly, eye-opening experience for me.  For both of the Zones, we felt pretty inspired to focus the theme on the story of Peter walking on water. 

I LOVE this story...it is just so powerful to me to just see and picture the faith that Peter initially had in the Lord to actually walk on the stormy sea.  *One of the many things I just love about this story is just how reassuring it all is.  How Peter says, "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water."  That is was Peter who mentioned to the Lord, essentially, okay, if it is truly you, I know that you will not let me go astray, so I will come unto you.  That for that moment he overcame the natural reaction of man to just wait and figure out if it truly was the Savior--but he showed his faith. 

I feel like this story just perfectly portrays life.  That we are on stormy seas and the Savior is there. He is waiting for us to come unto Him and to see that as we stay completely focused on Him miracles can and will happen. 
I think it is so interesting that it is Peter who says to the Lord that if it's truly you, ask me to come to you.  I think so much of the time we are the ones setting limits on ourselves.  That we make our limits and goals based off of other people's own limitations that they have set, and not truly seeing what the Lord can make possible.  Miracles are made when faith is put in the Lord

 I absolutely love the Bible Video of this story.  One of my absolute favorite things about it is watching both Peter's and the Savior's eyes throughout the whole thing.  When Peter is focusing on and looking at the Savior, he is walking on water!  And the second he looks away, he begins to sink. But who is completely focused the WHOLE time?  The Savior!  He is constantly focused on us!  
Have you thought of that?  Probably...but this time keep thinking about it!  It's one of those things where you think about it and it just becomes more real and personal to you.  So try it!  This week try to make an earnest effort to think of who the Savior is to you, and who you can be through Him!  He truly makes miracles happen!

Here are just a couple of the little miracles and tender mercies He has given us this week...

-- We went to go visit a less active member that was about 90 minutese away by bus.  Got there and guess what?  Portcode!  Yay.  A missionary's worst enemy!  But we said okay, if we are supposed to be here, the Lord will provide a way.  So, we said a prayer and mentioned that we would wait three minutes, otherwise we would go find another reason why we were supposed to be there.  So, said the prayer, set the timer on the phone, (just to see) and just as always, the Lord provided.  Out of nowhere comes a father and his little son, who open the door for us and the timer goes off as we are walking through the door.  Miracle?  Some might not say so, but it definitely was for us!

--Well, we got in and guess who didn't answer?  The lady we went to go visit!  So, we just started our way up to the 7th floor--thighs screaming by this point--knocking on the doors, and they came just short of slamming the doors in our faces!  But, then we came to the next door and I just had a different feeling.  I thought, "its this one."  A man opened the door and said, "You don´t want to talk to me!  I'm the devil!"  Ha!  We ended up having an hour-and-a-half lesson with this man in the stair-well! 

Despite being one of the weiredst, longest and hardest of days, it ended up really cool--and we have a lesson with this guy, Juan Pablo, tonight! Super excited!
 Well, a few other things from the week...

--We met with "Prison Jon's" friend. "Prison Jon" is apparently a man who was in prison but is now out, and so was his friend.  He was pretty cool.

--Last night we had dinner at the funniest family's house--I just love them!  Let's just say that 10 minutes before leaving, all of the other missionaries and all their kids were dancing to and singing Christmas music in a line--all except for me and their 8-year-old girl--who was on my back, yelling, "Frammot!!!" or "Forward!"  Yelling at me to go forward into the line of dancers, and allow her to push them out of her way--and then yelling at me to turn so she could proceed to do it on the way back!  This continued for a few minutes.  Great memories.  And I think there might just be a video of this.  I will have to look into that!

Well, that's about it for this week.  Happy Turkey day...eat some extra for me, give lots of thanks and remember your FOCUS!

Med Kärlek,


Syster Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment