Monday, November 14, 2016

SÖDERTÄLJE

{Annie didn't send us any pictures this week--so many thanks to Claudia and her husband in Södertälje for the pictures!}
Hello, my friends!

Well, Tuesday afternoon I got on the train and left dreamy little Helsingborg on my way to my next adventure!  Little did I know that adventure meant getting reacquainted with snow! And lots of it!  

Well...Södertälje is cold.  And I am never left to wonder if that is still true, due to the fact that each and every morning we are out the door to embark onto cold, icy trails--slipping all along the way.  I forgot how to function in snow.  No falls yet, but hoping and praying I can just stay on both feet! 
 Well, I don't really know what to say.  This week has been busy, busy, busy.  I literally haven't had a minute to write in my journal or anything!  So, with being in Södertälje, things have changed up a little.  President has moved me to be an STL (Sister Training Leader), meaning that I get to go on splits with all the Systers and make sure everything is going well with them.  It's been fun so far.  Super crazy and busy, though--but I'm excited to actually start understanding what's going on!
 Things in the area are going well.  It's a fairly new area, so we are really just trying to build it up and find new people to teach.  We are literally talking to everyone.  My companion is a really great example to me--she talks to everyone.  From chasing someone down to calling up to people in their apartments through an open window--haha!  She talks to them all!  So, we have met with quite a few people, but sadly just none of them are truly interested--so we keep looking!
 But since this week has just been crazy, I have been able to find a lot of peace in the scriptures!  So I guess crazy, hectic, chaotic things are all for our good if we just turn to the Savior for peace!  I have been reading in Helaman, and I just absolutely love chapter 5 verse 12:

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is
Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. "
 And it really reminds me of another one that I have just really loved lately--Mosiah 24:14:

"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." 
 I love those verses so much, and it's just proven to me how much peace we can truly find in the scriptures!  But, now I want all of you to go find your own and then tell me what you found!

I love you all dearly!

Stay warm, enjoy American goodies and Christmas treats, listen to Christmas music, dance in the rain or the snow (weather may vary based on location of reader!) and enjoy the little things!

Med Kärlek,


Syster Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment