Monday, March 13, 2017

ÄR NI JEHOVAS?



Hello!

Well, these past few weeks have been very interesting... Action packed, trying, and full of learning!  Quite possibly more than ever before.  I don't know if I have quite understood the saying "pushed to the limits" as much as I have come to find this week.  But, it has all been for the good! 

To keep things short, one of my dearest friends had to leave their mission early due to medical reasons.  Harder than I ever would have expected.  
Funny to think that before the mission, the scariest thing to me was if I would have to come home early.  I was terrified of that.  But now, sending home someone that is so dear to me, it just leaves this hole in my heart!  Almost feels worse in a sense!  
{"Points to anyone who knows this view!", she labeled this one}
So, this week has been full of a lot of emotions.  It's been a refining process, so I have no reason to complain.  Much of our life, we hope to be better.  I think that is a pretty common aspiration.  But, how much of the time are we complaining or feeling bad for ourselves when going through trials--which, in reality, is the very thing that will make us better?!  These trials are what help us grow!  Last week I think I mentioned something about how Saints thrive in adversity...well, this is still so very true--if not even more relevant than ever! 
Yesterday, the 2nd Counselor of the Bishopric came up to us just said something so simple-- yet something I had never quite thought of.  He mentioned that he had heard what had happened previously this week, and in a sense just gave us this legendary pep talk.  He said, "We go through trials and we come out better--That's what makes us CHRISTIANS." A little phrase that for some reason just really stood out to me. 
{her much loved Pontus and Susi came from Stockholm to surprise her at Church!}
But, just thinking about it more--you can simply be baptized and be called a Christian--or you can choose to become better because of the trials.  After all, the Savior became perfected after His hardest trial.  Just imagine the miraculous outcome that WE can become.  That we, as imperfect and flawed as we are, can be made better and better every day through our trials.  But the reason this applies is because Christians choose to become better during the trial.  We don't choose to just barrel through and hope to make it out alive--but we have reason to rejoice during the hardship.  There is growth to be had--so why not just enjoy it?!
Of course, there are, however, some exceptions.  In life, many people do suffer with a condition that makes it nearly impossible to enjoy any of the journey at all.  But find comfort in knowing that there is peace to be had.  That someday later on down the road, that there is joy to be felt.  Joy to be yours.  After all, "God gives some of His toughest battles to His toughest soldiers." 
{while in Stockholm, remembering her fist Kebab experience at this very spot!}
We are told on missions to not just go through the mission, but to let the mission go through us.  I might say, don't wish away your current adversities in hopes of receiving someone else's seemingly perfect situation--become what you want to BE.  Become who you want to be.  Become a Christian.  Knowing that whatever it is you are experiencing, that it is in fact the very trial that is working to make you Perfect.  
Have faith in the Father of this Universe. In the God that created you and me.  Have faith that He might just know better than you or I possibly ever could.  Let that faith shape you into someone that can turn trials into growth, and opposition into opportunities.
 {"somebody found the chalk!", is how she labeled this cute little picture}
So much more to be learned, and yet the time seems to be flying by.  I have been so grateful for everything that my mission has been.  I can't imagine my life without it.  I have grown, and I have been tried but never have I been happier than I have been when I have gone through the adversities--fully knowing that there was light on the other side.  To know that I was being comforted beyond my own personal capacity and to know that I never was alone. 

There is an all-knowing Loving Heavenly Father.  I know that just as much as I know that my knees literally have permanent marks from kneeling more than I ever have in my life. Those marks remind me of the One that went through it all with me.  
I look at the marks and realize that, yes--in the past few months, it has felt like I have been in a constant kneeling position.   My sweet companion and I have even come up with the name, "The Södertälje Kneel."  It's a real thing.  
But above all these marks show me that Someone has been lifting me.  Enabling me to stand up and continue on with Joy!  Pure joy. And I am far past the point of being able to give credit to anything else, not even trying to give credit to myself. 

God is there to pick up His children when they are in need.  Take His offer.  He is there for us all. 
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."  (3 Nephi 5:13)   I have come here not just to have His name on my chest, but to open my mouth.  To share my experience of the Lord's hand in my life.  We are living testaments that God is there.  Our lives are witnesses.  Let others come to know Christ through you and your example.

I love....just everything.  Have a wonderful day:)


Sister Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment