Monday, September 19, 2016

LAGOM

Well, I think its pretty safe to say that I am just a Skåne kinda girl...

I have now been here for 7 months, and we find out in just a few days if this journey down south will continue!  I never saw myself coming down south, but I LOVE it!  It is my home! Ok, well, I feel like I will just say that about anywhere I go, but I absolutely LOVE it here! 
And I had the wonderful opportunity to see all of my dear, sweet friends from Kristianstad this week at Stavskonferens!  It was so great to see them all again! 

There are definitely benefits to transferring only 2 hours away from your previous area!  Just typing that out, I realized how funny that must seem being in America, because missions are so much tinier!  Just imagine Washington, Oregon and California as 1 really big mission--that's Sweden for ya!  I love it!
{The Helsingborg District lunching together at the Swedish version of McDonalds--Max}
Well...onto this week! 

Things have been going pretty swell lately--we are coming to the end of the transfer so I have just been thinking about all the good times from these past 5 weeks.  There have been a lot of weird things, too, but I just Love Helsingborg!  It has been wonderful to me:)
It's a pretty big city--not huge, just lagom--which in Swedish is the equivalent of the feeling in Goldylocks and the Three Bears whenever something is "just right"  Well, in Swedish, there is a word for that--and it is lagom--so Helsingborg is lagom.   Not too busy, not too quiet.   Just right!
And it's a college town, so we have a lot of young people, so that has been fun...and annoying at times!  I have come to see why it is that I usually am with people older than me.  Other than that, it is just gorgeous here, and we get to meet people from EVERYWHERE!  It's a pretty big touristy area, so we get to meet a lot of different people!
But I'm getting sidetracked!  Last Monday, I went to IKEA for the first time in Sweden!!!  It was so fun and SO much better than it is in America!  Knowing this made me really sad, but I'm just glad we even have them at home!  
{Swedish IKEA is quite a bit different than IKEA in America!}
I have definitely considered working there when I get home--and I can read the instructions! Who cares when people say the Swedish language is dying?  We will always need Swedish speakers to walk around IKEA with!  But, yes...that was wonderful.
Then later in the week, we had our Adult Session for Stake Conference.   We got to go to Malmö, and then stayed the night there with the Systers in their HUGE mansion of an apartment!  And then, we went to Lund for the Sunday session!
Let's see.....Last night we had an awesome Missionary Correlation Meeting with our Ward Mission Leader.  He is just awesome.  At the end of every one of our meetings, we just dig into the scriptures a little, and it is just so cool every time! 

Last night we were going over a bunch of single-verse scriptures explaining how everything on this earth testifies of a great Creator.  We were all just talking about it, and he had us each just think of a few random things, and we saw how all those things could testify of the Savior or of the Great Atonement.  It was really quite eye-opening to see that! 
It really did help to open my eyes, and I decided that I am going to start keeping a journal of all of those connections that I can think of... 

As I was going to bed last night, I turned off the light, laid down--and then I thought of one. I thought, "oh, I will just write it down in the morning"... but no.  That wasn't the case.  I had to write it down right then.  So, I did.  And as I did, I just felt one thing leading to another.  One connection after another, and everything was just coming together.  I started seeing how I can truly see my Lord and my Savior's hand in EVERYTHING
I know it might sound a little funny at first, but I encourage you to try it!  As you can see the Lord's hand in the little things, it will strengthen your faith to see him in ALL THINGS!  My eyes have just been opened, and I am so excited to continue on with this. 

Everything testifies of the Savior

And that's why I am out here.  I can't deny that now,  and I'm just trying to help others see it, too!  It's amazing coming to see the Lord lead you in your life, and it just shows you what is truly important in this life.
Witness of the Great Creator, because YOU are evidence of the Creator!

Love you all!

Med Kärlek,

Syster Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment