Monday, September 12, 2016

THE LORD'S WORK

Well, hello there!  I hope you all are doing just dandy!

First things first--the computer just shut off on me while I was in the middle of the letter, so let's just say that today's letter is going to be a little short!

Well...this week wasn't too full of weirdly entertaining happenings--pretty normal--but still fun, of course.  Oh!   Well actually, last Monday was super fun!   We got to play soccer at this weird, super trippy (literally) "Dr. Seuss" field!  It was this weird, warped field and just so entertaining to just watch missionaries running all up and down it--and just dropping like flies!  And thankfully, no broken bones!  Bottom line--it was like my dream soccer field, and it was really hard to leave! 
Aside from that, nothing too out of the ordinary--everything is good, and weird, and happy, and frustrating, and amazing all at the same time.  So, basically like most other missions-- except you know, I'm in Sweden, so......

But, yes.  Sweden.  Have I ever mentioned just how much I love it here?  If not, I am saying it now.
Well, to sum things up, life is good....some minor little set backs this week, but everything's still going good:)  We were able to find some really amazing people this week--especially yesterday! 

We met the cutest couple--he's from Argentina and she's a Swede--they were just precious, and they actually wanted to talk and listen, unlike most others!  At the end of our little (30 minute) conversation, they said:
"You know what?   We were just talking about this same stuff right before you stopped us. We were just talking about our individual paths in life, and then you just stopped us and started talking about that with us, too!" 

We said that everything happens for a reason, and the guy said, "That is so true.  You know, when were were walking up this way--about 30 ft. back, we were about to turn around and start heading home, but I felt like we should just keep going on a little bit.  I really feel like we were supposed to meet and talk with you two!" 

It was seriously just the coolest thing.  And then to top it off, they sent us a text later that night--I'll just have to send a screen shot of it, because it's just too sweet to paraphrase and butcher how they said it!
Family...Friends--I'm telling you, the Lord is so very aware of our circumstances, and He will lead us to others when we--or they--are in need.  Most often, the Lord will use us to answer the prayers of others--or even the other way--that others will be sent to us in our time of need.  I have seen it time and time again throughout my life--and especially on my mission. 

There really isn't anything like it when someone tells you that they feel like they were led by God to talk to you.  So, please try to live so that you can be the answer to another's prayers. Be open enough to step out of your way to talk to a stranger or someone who looks like they are in need. 

We met this amazing guy a few days back that just loved what we were doing as missionaries, because it was other people like us, he said, that were the answer to his prayers a couple years back... 
He said that at the darkest point in his life, he was just sitting in a train station--head down-- thinking about his life.  Out of nowhere, someone comes up and just asks him how we was. He said, "Honestly.... I feel like crap." (Sorry, Mom--those were his words!)  But the man sat down, talked to him, and handed him a little Bible.  He was just astounded and so grateful. He took the Bible and promised the man he would read it.  He did and he soon after joined a church. 

As we were talking with him, we started telling him about the Book of Mormon, and he was really interested--but we sadly didn't have another Book with us, being the end of the night--but we said that we could just call him the next day and find out a time to meet. 

He said,  "That sounds great--I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm going to promise you what I promised that one man that day. I will read this Book."
So, we tried getting in contact with him, but he was just working weird hours and was hard to get a hold of.  But then, we just ran into him yesterday--I'm telling you--the Lord is at the head of this work!  We saw him, and he just got so happy to see us!  I was holding the last Book of Mormon of the day in my hand, and before anything else, we just gave it to him and said,  "Yes!  We finally got it to you!"  He was so happy and he said, "Wow!  Is this just for me?!" 

It was just so amazing to really be able to see how the Lord brings about this truth. He will never leave us and He will never forget about us.
One scripture I have been thinking about a lot lately just kind of fits in perfectly here--Alma 26:27-- 

"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said; Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." 

If there is anything I have noticed since being out on my mission, it's that the people you truly needed to meet usually come right after you think you have done all you could.  They are always on the top floor of the building, or at the end of a long day.  They are usually the ones you would least expect. 
I love thinking about this, because this is the way the Lord has chosen for His truth to be spread.  Not only does it strengthen the people by receiving the true message, but it strengthens us to see where our true source of power comes from. 

If Ammon and his brethren had given up when they began to be depressed, they would not have experienced the infinite enabling power that only comes from complete reliance on the Lord and His Atonement.

Turn to the Lord--and trust that you will be led and you will.
 I love you all dearly!  And I will leave you with that, because we are now off to go do morning studies at the beautiful Kärnan Fortress!


Med Kärlek, 

Syster Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment