Monday, September 5, 2016

THE GREATEST GIFT


Hi, friends! :)

Long time no see!  This has felt like quite possible the longest week so far!  Its been super good, so I'm not quite sure why it felt so long, but så är det!
  
Well.  This week....

Met some wonderful people this week, had some awesome lessons--mainly with our amazing investigator! 
I have never seen someone just so accepting and willing to change everything and come unto the Lord.  He has changed his whole life and he just loves every bit of the gospel.  Anytime we bring up another commandment he just gets excited to try it out!  

When we told him about fasting he said, "I just want to try it right now!"  And we said, "well how about this:  in two days it is Fast Sunday.  We all start a fast tomorrow night for______", and he just got really happy and said, "I can just already feel how amazing this will be."  So we did!  We fasted together and it was really a neat experience.
Another day we went to this amazing family's house for lunch, and we just had the most wonderful meal overlooking the beautiful ocean and just feeling in Heaven.  After lunch, Brother H. turned to Syster Christoffersen and said, "Should we do the initiation now?", and she said, "Oh, yeah." 
So, he went to his bookshelf and pulled out a book. He handed me the book and said, "Now you go and find your favorite quote, and then mark it with this when you're done."  He handed me some post-it notes, and I was off. 

It was a book filled with Brigham Young's quotes--with tabs FILLING the book from years of previous missionaries! 
I flipped though the pages--and let's just say, it was filled with "legendary names!"  It was really cool, and I was just the third sister that ever got her name in there!   I just loved that idea, and I am totally going to do that when I have my own home.  I loved it!

Well...I can't quite think of any weird things from the week, so I guess I will just move on!
Denna vecka har jag tänkte väldigt mycket på Försoningen.  This week I have been thinking a lot about the Atonement. 

Though great with eternal purposes and principles--complex beyond anything our mortal minds can even comprehend--our Savior and our Father have been so merciful as to make a plan so that we can actually come to understand the Atonement.  This is a gift.  And along with any other gift we receive, we must use it and appreciate it.  In order to understand it we must USE it! 
And  the beautiful thing about the Atonement is that we can apply it into our lives...that it is so individual--and at the same time--far reaching, that EVERYONE can use the Atonement and apply it into their own individual lives. 

Just think of how merciful our Father and Savior were and are to have given this plan--a plan of Salvation--that we can apply into every facet of our lives.  That I can use it to help me through whatever struggles or trials I am facing...that it will help me turn my weaknesses into strengths, and then at the end of the day, it is the same gift that I can use as I am accounting my day to my Father. 
When I kneel down before I close my eyes for the night, I have the opportunity--through the same Atonement--to account for what I did that day. To lay before my Father all that I have done and to see what I can do better. 

Every morning is a testament of the Atonement.  Every new day, every clean slate...it all turns back to the great and atoning Sacrifice!  That no matter what happened yesterday, the gate of forgiveness is always open.  It's open for you, its open for me--it's open for us all--all we must do is to take the step to cross through.
Here are just a few of the many blessings of the Atonement;

--As you come unto Christ, you will know the joy of being clean before the Lord.

--You can experience the painful but healing process of repentance.
--We will be filled with Joy and marvelous light.  Our souls will be filled with exquisite joy.

--In adition to redmption from the pain of sin, the Savior also offers peace in times of trial.
  --And lastly (as far as this list goes), our Savior understands exactly how we feel.  "As part of His Atonement, Jesus took upon Himself the pains, sicknesses, and infirmities of all people. He understands your suffering because He has experienced it.  And with this understnding, He knows how to help you."  ("True to the Faith")

"You can cast all your care upon him; for he careth for you."--Peter 5:7

The Savior's arms are open for all.  YOUR debt has already been paid for, so don't try to just live with the pain.  There is a better way--and that way, the ONLY way--is our Savior. 
When you make the Savior your way, when you apply the Atonement into your life and truly come to know your Savior, doors will open up for you like you never could have imagined. 

The Savior's sacrifice was for all, so be grateful for it and let Him into your life.  He being the One who felt it all, can help with all.  "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."

Med Kärlek,

Syster Campbell


 

No comments:

Post a Comment