Monday, January 30, 2017

FACE THE FUTURE WITH FAITH


Well, hello there!

Hoppas att ni har haft en jättebra vecka...

So, I clearly don't even know what to say in my letters anymore, and I sit here
thinking...uh....okay....well.....um......and I just pick up my Book of Mormon--get distracted and then think, okay.  Focus.  And you know--I can really relate to Moroni here;

Ether 12:23-24, "And I said unto him: Lord, the Gentiles will mock at these things, because of our weakness in writing; for Lord thou hast made us mighty in word by faith, but thou hast not made us mighty in writing; for thou hast made all this people that they could speak much, because of the Holy Ghost which thou hast given them.

 24 And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them.

25 Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words."
Oh!  How I just love the scriptures. They truly are just so applicable to our daily lives!

But that just reminds me of something that I have been thinking a lot about lately.  So after having some scary realizations that I have only two transfers left, I have tried thinking of some of the main lessons I have learned throughout my time here in lovely ol´ Sweden.  But one that I'm currently being taught kind of feels like a combination of all of them...
I started thinking about it as I read the talk, "Face the Future with Faith," by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. One part that I just love says: 

"Why do we need such resilient faith?  Because difficult days are ahead.  Rarely in the future will it be easy or popular to be a faithful Latter-day Saint.  Each of us will be tested.  The Apostle Paul warned that in the latter days, those who diligently follow the Lord 'shall suffer persecution.'  That very persecution can either crush you into silent weakness or motivate you to be more exemplary and courageous in your daily lives."

"That very persecution can and will either crush you into silent weakness, or motivate you to be more exemplary and courageous in your daily lives."  Okay---it sounds harsh, but just think about it a little more.  It is so very true!  This persecution.  These trials.  Hardships.  Burdens--or even blessings--that are sometimes quite heavy and appear to be as burdens at times. These things can and will, in President Oaks words crush you!
It's that moment where we think that we cannot go any further that we choose the outcome.  That moment where you hit the peak.  Whether that be the peak of your patience, hope, charity, or faith. When we feel like we have nothing left--that is the moment where we get to chose.  Will we choose to be the natural man, and succumb to the feelings of anger and hatred?  Or will we chose the Lord. Choose . to see the good. To experience growth...to NOT GIVE UP!  The choice is ours, and that is the beautiful thing about agency.  We essentially choose the level of our conversion based on our willingness to let go of the natural man.

So, when those moments come--and they will--that is when you have to make the decision to follow Christ.  To choose the higher path.  To not act as you acted before, but rather to act as the person that you can be.
I picture the Savior as He asked the for the bitter cup to be removed.  I picture all that He went through, and I think of what would have happen had He opted out.  Well, thankfully He didn't, so we don't have to worry about that. But that´s the thing. He never opted out. He drank the bitter cup. He endured for you and me so that we can too have the choice. 

So, those times where you think, "I cannot go a step further!", invite the Savior into your hearts--and take a step further.  With the Savior as our focus, and His infinite sacrifice as our safety net, we always can take ´just one more step.´  As our lives are centered on the Savior we will begin to see the world as the Lord sees it.  All of the potential just waiting to be reached.  And to think that it all just starts with realigning our hearts and our minds to the will of the Father.

And never forget that while praying to the Father, never ask doubtfully but ask faithfully.  As our dear Prophet has said, "Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."

Med Kärlek,


Syster Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment