Monday, October 17, 2016

SHORT AND SWEET

Well, another week has come and gone!  I usually say I'm keeping the letters short and then they turn out to be long--but this time, I mean it! 

Sadly, the internet is down at the Church, so we are at the library emailing right now--and it's really annoying, because literally every 12 minutes the computers log us out, so I'm sorry but that's just how it is today!
And it's pretty funny how annoyed we can get when our iPhone is not working--just thinking of the fact that we eveb HAVE iPhones as missionaries makes the situation just a little bit better!

Well...I guess I will quickly include the quote of the week--once again, Syster Davis: "Look at that dog!  He was literally just on his front two hind legs!"
Oh, and Lördag we also got to play FOTBOLL!!!!!

Söndag was busy:  We had American waffles at our Ward Mission Leader's house!  We were then late to Church, had a funeral right after Church, drive to a member's for dinner after the funeral, and then went on splits with the wife to visit a less-active member of the Ward... What a day!  Actually, that's really just about a typical day here in Helsingborg for ya!
Honestly, other than that everyother thing just takes too long to write than in these short 12 minutes, so I will save them for another time!

But before I go, I just have to share with you all that I have really gained a deeper appreciation for the Bible this week. 

I've been learning more about William Tyndale, who gave his life to make the Bible more accessible to everyone. His story is really quite amazing. 
{a wonderful talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson about William Tyndale and the Bible}

One of the coolest parts to me was how he in a way prophecied of Joseph Smith!  He said, basically, not too long before he died, that there would one day be a farmer boy who would know more about God's word than any Pope.  I found that SO fascinating! 

With all of your internet capabilities, you can find out a lot more about him, I'm sure, but this has really inspired me to want to search in the Bible a lot more along with my Book of Mormon!  Oh, and it has been really cool because lately there have been a LOT of people that have had so many different questions about these things, so I have been trying to find how we can answer them with the Bible and the Book of Mormon together, and I have just come to learn SO MUCH!!! 
My dear comps and I have loved talking about it all, and it was interesting to me because I just thought how learning about all of this has just strengthened my testimony so much.  But Syster Eldridge mentioned how "deep doctrine," and just learning and digging deeper can strengthen a testimony, but it does not create one.  I was thinking about why people don't just believe when they learn these amazing "deeper things"--but it truly is because we need to learn the basics first--the foundational, glorious truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
 Well, that's all I've got for today--but to sum up my life right now:  

I love you all.  Sweden is great.  It's COLD.   My ears hurt.  I have never been happier.  I can't wait for Christmas--just kidding--I really can, because every day leading up to it is ALWAYS great, so life is just good.  I feel so spoiled being out here.  Well, love ya'll lots, and have a splendid day!

Love,

Syster Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment